21 January 2021

Hello 2021

 The last time I wrote anything here was February 2019. I had a lot of very enjoyable commissions since then. Here are some of them...

Light and Dark Crimson Underwing

Olive Crescent on handmade leaf & Scarce Merveille du Jour

Ground Lackey & Crescent Striped.      Straw Belle & Chalk Carpet

Orache and Beautiful Marbled

2020

I had a quite productive year. Although there weren't any events to go to, I had enough orders and lots of OTHER things to do. 

The year started with Pine Tree Lappet. And then an army of Orange Tip magnets for Butterfly Conservation's Mother's (Not Moth-er's) Day promotion.

Made a new range of badges and magnets... 


And I spent hours on our almost derelict driveway, watching 6-7 Elephant Hawkmoth caterpillars feeding on the willowherbs. 


I had a couple of wonderful commissions, but for sad occasions. 
This one is a full set of Scottish butterflies in a frame. 
I made a food plant for each butterfly. This photo above looks like a 2D painting... 

But they are definitely 3D!
And here's the finished product. 



Another one was a pair of Marsh Fritillaries and caterpillars. 

I have a couple of thing on the go at the moment, so I'm sure you'll get to see them here in 2022. 

During the lockdown I fell in love with Baby Yoda, so I made one, which works as a Christmas decoration as well.